What we need from you |
Our application form asks for a wide range of details about your group and
your performance. You should have on hand:
- Details about your performance, including its title, duration,
production history, time requirements for technical rehearsals, and a 100 word
description of the performance.
- Contact information for your group, plus contact information for your
agent or manager, if applicable.
- You will also be asked to provide a complete technical rider.
- You will also be given the opportunity to upload or link to various
supporting materials, such as YouTube videos and press packets. These
materials may also be sent to us in the mail.
You will be asked to electronically sign the Conditions of Performance as part of the application. (Electronic signature just means that you type in your name!). Here are those conditions, for your information.
Conditions of Performance For Showcase 2013
- Applications will not be considered for Showcase unless application, required support materials, and application fees are all provided by the deadline.
- Applications will only be accepted for work that is ready to tour as of application date.
- The Showcase Performance Application will be reviewed by a Selection Committee made up of IPAY Members June 3 & 4, 2012 in Philadelphia. The Committee's decision is final. We will use best efforts to notify Selected Showcase Performance Applicants by June 30, 2012. Artists/companies not selected for Showcase will be automatically entered into a lottery for a chance to perform a 10-minute, low-tech selection of the show or Spotlight. Spotlight artists will be notified at a later date.
- The scheduling of showcases is determined by IPAY. If the artist/company is not available to perform on any one of the four days of the conference, please include this information with the application packet.
- IPAY does not pay a fee to Selected Showcase Performance or Spotlight Artists/Companies.
- IPAY will contact Selected Showcase Performance Artists/Companies no later than July 30, 2012 to discuss the production's technical needs and scheduling. As a result of these discussions, IPAY will notify Artists/Companies of the amount of technical labor IPAY agrees to cover. An estimate will be provided detailing any additional expenses we anticipate Showcase Artists/Companies will incur. Selected Showcase Artists/Companies are responsible for these production expenses which includes but is not limited to charges for additional technical labor, back line gear, equipment rental, pyrotechnic permits, etc. Please note that Showcase is a festival setting and while IPAY works to accommodate the technical needs of all companies, you may be required to condense your regular load-in and technical schedule to less than four hours, in addition to working within a festival light plot.
- Selected Showcase Artists are responsible for transportation to, from, or within Philadelphia to the designated venue, for accommodations or per diem while in Philadelphia or en route for artistic, technical, and representatives personnel; for any production or display materials; for transportation or storage of freight; and for proper visas and documentation for legal performance of Company's show. International Performing Arts for Youth (IPAY), our partners and/or the Philadelphia venues assume no financial responsibility for costs incurred by artistic companies other than specified in item 6 above.
- The application fee is non-refundable and non-transferrable. If you are selected to showcase, company or company's agent or manager must have an exhibit booth, which is an additional cost.
- Selected Showcase Performance Applicants will be required to enter into a contractual agreement with IPAY. Failure to complete and return all required contracts and administrative paperwork and phone calls to IPAY in a timely manner may result in forfeiture of showcase time slot. This includes but is not limited to: program copy, biographies, photos, and technical info.
- The person signing below is an authorized representative of the company/artist for whom the application is being made. By signing this agreement, the individual assumes all responsibilities and liabilities for the fees as outlined in this agreement, including, but not limited to the timely payment of all fees and the guarantee of funds to cover the registration deposits and fees.
- The signing representative also assumes all responsibility for the accuracy of the information contained herein and indicates that all statements, facts, and figures are complete and accurate. Failure to provide complete and accurate information may result in the voiding of the application, prevention from participation, and retention of all fees collected by the presenting organization.
- The relationship between the applicant and IPAY is restricted to the agreement and this signed agreement does not infer, imply, or bind the signing party and/or IPAY to any other commitments beyond those outlined herein.
- The arrangement included herein does not in any way make the applicant an authorized agent, employee, or contractor of IPAY and the applicants rights and responsibilities with regard to this agreement shall not exceed those outlined herein.
Artist Applications for Showcase 2013 are now closed. We encourage you to apply for Showcase 2014.